THE 26TH FUSELIER BATTALION
1945 - 1946
The 26th Fuselier Battalion was raised at Tervuren, near Brussels, on February 4 1945.
On February 15 1945 the 26th Fuselier Battalion was administratively attached to the 13th Fuselier Brigade.
The battalion was put at the disposal of the 21st Army Group on March 25 1945.
On July 12
1945 the battalion moves to Köln, Occupied Germany,
and comes under the operational command of the 5th Guards Brigade.
of the battalion are stationned at
Much, Felderhoferbrücke, Schönenberg and Ruppichteroth.
August 23 1945.
The 26th Fuselier Battalion receives a standard from the city.
|View on the ceremony.|
On September 10 1945 the battalion returns to Leopoldsburg, Belgium.
The 26th Fuselier Battalion is disbanded on January 5 1946.
Lieutenant-Colonel MARLIER from the start until May 15 1945
Senior Captain RING from May 15 1945 until August 6 1945
Major EVERAERT from August 6 1945 until disbandment
official Formation Badge that was worn by the 26th Fuselier
was the badge of the 13th Fuselier Brigade "NAMUR".
|Formation Badge worn by the 26th Fuselier Battalion.|
Belgian Rank Insignia were worn.
On the shoulder straps the Belgian Crown, for the Infantry,was worn above the number "13".
The Infantry flash was worn on both sleeves.
On the left sleeve the white "BELGIUM" title was worn.
On the right sleeve the Belgian National Colours were worn.